Sunday, February 17, 2019

Baroque Mexican Music Concert Report Essays -- essays research papers

The concert I attended was a recital of Mexican baroque choral music. There were 5 main(prenominal) make-ups played, each one having its own unique style and function. The recital was held at University of South Carolina School of Music recital hall room 201 on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 600pm. The group that sang was the graduate vocal ensemble and was conducted by Daniel S. Clark. The group of singers did an excellent job capturing the music and it was precise hard to notice any major mistakes. The concert in a whole was a actually soothing to me because when I went there I was very(prenominal) hyper and tense, but as the pieces were being played out, I became very relaxed and sleepy. This concert was a little different because in the beginning, the conductor went by a lecture of the Mexican baroque period. After he went by means of all of the material, they sang 5 songs and left. It was very interesting to learn most the music as it was heard and I think this is a very e ffective way to teach people about music and permit them learn through personal interaction. Most of the songs were sang mostly by the higher pitched singers so it made us very sleepy. I had to wake up my friend who came with me because he was snoring The first piece that was played was Beatus Vir with Brian Glosh as the cantor. A cantor is the person who leads a bend in singing. At the end of the performance, the 2 cantors were given special actualisation because of th...

No comments:

Post a Comment