Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Academic Honesty-It Was Peer Reviewed and Published

The Issue In this was that most students thought It would be easier to combust In their online courses however very few followed through with cheating. Its also a theory that an honor code may reduce dis silver dollar. The second obligate I found while searching was Academic Integrity and withdrawnness Learning by Mark Lankier. It was peer reviewed and published in the diary of Criminal Justice Education in October of 2006. In this article academic dishonesty in on campus classes versus online classes was discussed.It believes that at that place hasnt been enough attention on the amount of academic dishonesty winning place in online courses. here(predicate) are some things that I feel are issues for academic honesty -Lack of knowledge in what Is considered honest and dishonest. -Lack of concentration on academic honesty, the absolute majority of the attention Is placed on academic dishonesty. -Lack of penalty for academic dishonesty therefore making It easier and more(pren ominal) tempting to be dishonest. -Over assumption that Its easier to be dishonest through online classes without all consequences.Some things that I think should be through with(p) is honor code placement such as was issued in the first off article I found. I think that if there was a cover definition of what is considered cheating and what isnt beca spend some people can cheat without well-educated so beca social occasion of their lack of knowledge. I think that academic honesty deserves more attention simply to acknowledge students who are working hard and organism compliant and honest about their work. They are taking the time to confound sure their work is original and that they are not taking any credit for someone elses hard ark.I think this deserves to be acknowledged sort of of overshadowed by people who are dishonest. I believe there should be punishment when it comes to severe cases of dishonesty. When It Is clear that the work has been popularized and taken as If I t were their own, there should be no chances given. Academic dishonesty has continual to De a hassle Ana students need to Know Tanat It wall not De tolerated I think that the punishment for on campus students should be the same for online students.The place in which the dishonesty is taking place does not matter, dishonesty is dishonesty and all cases should be tough the same. In order for me to avoid any issues with dishonesty I pull up stakes never cut and paste. If something is an exact quote I will stool sure that it is cited and listed in a bibliography to ensure that its known it was not something derived by me. I will summarize and make sure I use my own words to explain my point. I will also use the plagiarism checker provided by the university to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment